Installing MAMP and CodeIgniter on Mountain Lion
- Download MAMP at http://mamp.info/en/. Once the .dmg file is downloaded, double click on it if it did not unzip itself. Than drag the MAMP folder into Applications folder.
- From Application folder, double click MAMP program and click “Start Servers”. At this point the web server, database server and application server has been activated on your Mac.
- If you click Open Start Page, MAMP will show you the MAMP Page on your local webserver (http://localhost:8888/MAMP)
- For more details on installing and MAMP setting up, read more here.
- Download CodeIgniter here.
- Unzip CodeIgniter by double-clicking it.
- Rename CodeIgniter folder into “ci” (this is the common practice).
- Copy the folder to the PHP and mySQL enabled server, which is, in this case is in Applications/MAMP/htdocs
- Configure system/application/config/config.php by adding $config[‘base_url’] = “http://localhost/ci/”;
- Go to http://localhost/ci/
- More about getting started with CodeIgniter here