How to run Minecraft on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.1
I got this message when running Minecraft on Yosemite, and when I googled I found that this is common problems.
Some references say that the latest JDK should be installed while the earlier ones should be uninstalled. I have uninstalled the earlier and installed the latest JDK but the problem persisted.
So I followed this reference to make it work.
These are the steps:Install ant
- Download Java Application Bundler
- Download Minecraft.jar from here *after clicking “Show all platforms” and choose that one under “Linux and Other
- Create a file named build.xml and type this code in
- Organize my file like this
*Notes: at this point, the dist folder is empty, it will contain Minecraft.app after I run ant command*
- Open terminal and run ant like this
- Now the dist folder will contain Minecraft.app in it. Move it to Applications folder
And it works!
My next step is to make canarymod and scriptcraft work to make mods on Minecraft. Wish me luck.